The only journey is the one within.
— Rainier Maria Rilke
You have lived a long time and you carry wisdom within you.
Sometimes accessing that wisdom is clouded by losing track of one’s inner knowledge. Maybe you have had an illness, a huge life transition, or just a too busy life.
This course will guide you in re-finding your Inner Knower. It will inspire you to find the answers to make a change in your health or put together the pieces of your life.
Guided by two professionals in the field of women’s wellness and spirituality, you will feel supported to take time each week to listen to what your life is saying.
You’ll get inspired to work with images you find in magazines and create simple collages that will become a part of your “deck” of information and insights that will guide you for years to come.
You do not have to be an artist to participate.
You do not have to be able to draw, sketch or do anything artistic.
Anyone can do SoulCollage®. And there is joy, inspiration and insights awaiting you.
And if you are an Artist…this course may just be the muse that will support you.
This program is right for:
- any woman who is seeking to uncover her wisdom along with her creativity.
- any woman that wants to spend time in contemplation without traveling from her home
- any woman who needs to get inspired about being healthy – in body, mind, spirit
A desire to be creative can evolve from a desire to express an idea, feeling or even be a way to resolve problems. It can also become part of a spiritual practice – a means of surrendering or letting go and being open to newness. High on the list of benefits includes stress relief and general well-being. It seems that when we become absorbed in our “Art” we forget about ourselves, problems and any negative emotions begin to dissipate. -www.MinistryofTheArts.org
“True meaning in life comes through understanding your own nature and learning to accept all aspects of yourself.” Kristine Carlson
How The Program Works: This three month program starts Oct 4 and completes mid-December. It will support you to take time in your personal life to dive into the fun activity of gathering images and working with them to grow yourself. All sessions are by phone or skype and can be adjusted to meet your technology needs. You receive the great benefit of self exploration without having to travel beyond your living room.
This group is for only 12 women so don’t wait to save your place.
What you will get:
- Each month – a 45 minute private 1:1 coaching session with Helene Van Manen to explore your focus, theme or intention for your life. A Master at supporting women to find their path and move through transitions, this private coaching call will guide you on your awakening path. You will work with the True Values coaching assessment to gain insight into what is most important to you at your core and then begin to identify your Wants and Needs.
- Each month – a 45 minute skype or phone call with Melisa Quire to work directly on your soul collage projects. She will guide you to learn how to find and use images to inspire your personal development. She will help you interpret what messages the images are bringing to you and how to use the cards for your own personal life journey.
- Each month – A monthly group call with both Helene and Melisa where other women in this series will share their insights about their images and development. This call is optional and if you cannot make the call you can listen to the recorded session at your leisure.
You will also receive:
- The value of committing to your own process for 12 weeks.
- Personal work with two professionals in the field of personal development and creative living.
- Inspiration and energy from interacting with a group of other like-minded women.
- Private on-line group page: Resources and ideas at a private facebook page where you can see other cards women are creating in the program. You can post your cards or not, learn more about topics and tools that interest you and have a fun place to ” hang out” if you have time. This is optional and not required but if you are connected technologically you will find great value in this circle.
- Supplies: the course fee includes supplies mailed directly to your address. It includes everything you need to get started except a scissor and magazines/images which you will find on your own.
Plus…You will get a weekly email with a gentle question, prompt or inspiration to support your creativity and collaging process.
How much time do I need to do this program?
At a minimum 2 hours per month for your private calls.
Then however much time you are inspired to spend on your process of creating collage cards. We feel you will love quiet moments contemplating images and their meanings with no rush or pressure in your free time at home.
Take the next step: Register below.
- Upon registering you’ll receive an email with all you need to know and a link for making your appointments.
- It’s easy and your commitment is to come to your 2 coaching sessions per month and spend as much or little time as you wish on your collaging projects. It’s up to you.
- Group calls are on Wednesdays 2pm EST Jan 17, Feb 21, March 21 Remember if you cannot make the call you can listen to the recording later.
Course Fee: Total $599 for the entire 3 month course – pay in full or you can make a monthly automatic payment of $199
Especially for Professionals
If you are a Coach, Retreat Leader, therapist, minister, or work directly with wo(men) in transformative processes, this course may be of great benefit to you. You will learn through your own personal development how to bring images into your work and with your clients.
Helene and Melisa have been friends since 1990 when their lives were serendipitously thrusted together in the mountains of southern Colorado.
Together they mothered-up young teens, braved backcountry ski adventures, camped in wild places, walked quiet labyrinths and stargazed during many moonlight hikes. The connection they created was for more than just a season and in 2016 they found their way back to each other and marveled at how their distant life paths mirrored each other. Their love of women’s transitions and their professional backgrounds are now joined to support the women they touch to grow through this program. They both have experienced living consciously through raising children and teenagers, becoming grandmothers and caring for elderly parents. They share a deep connection for wild places in Nature and both have an eye for daily beauty in the natural worlds they live in.
Melisa Quire is a multimedia Artist and Master Gardener living in the foothills of Southern Appalachia with her husband Todd and several domestic and wild companions. Her deep love of women’s transitions led her to training as a SoulCollage® Facilitator. Melisa believes that creativity is the very essence of who we are and her practice integrates her work as an artist and her background as an art therapist to nurture the creative process and provide opportunities for self-discovery using images and collage. She brings her insights as a nature photographer, watercolorist, sketch artist, grandmother to her intuitive sessions.
Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. — T. Merton
Helene Van Manen is a Master Certified Coach and Founder of www.RetreatCoaches.com and specializes in working with women. She is a poet, Food Activist, Grandmother, Nature Educator and values living a life of balance, joy and fun. She works with professional women to grow their careers and leadership styles but also dives deep into working with women who seek emotional freedom. Helene lives in a small town in Colorado where she runs her private practice from the side of a mountain but also takes women on retreat to places of beauty. She believes in possibilities and relishes manifesting with clients to have more of what they want.
SoulCollage® is a unique blend of spiritual practice and the fun of collage. It was created by Seena Frost in 1980 as she worked with clients in her therapy practice in California. There are now trained facilitators throughout the world working with individuals and groups.Each card in a SoulCollage® deck represents and honors one of the following facets of your unique life: a part of your personality, a person who supports you, an animal that has special energy for you, or a mythical figure which guides you.
Using very simple materials (scissors, glue, mat board, and magazine images), you create cards for your deck and interpret them using journaling or other activities. You can use your deck to find answers to the questions that arise in your life, and to access your own deep wisdom.
The body remembers, the bones remember, the joints remember, even the little finger remembers. Memory is lodged in pictures and feelings in the cells themselves. Like a sponge filled with water, anywhere the flesh is pressed, wrung, even touched lightly, a memory may flow out in a stream. — Clarissa Pinkola Estes